For media enquiries there is no better-placed organisation than CCC to comment on early and middle childhood education and care services.
CCC can provide comment, case studies and talent for interviews on current topics:
- Jobs For Families Child Care Package
- The National Quality Framework, including educator: child ratios and qualifications
- National Quality Standards
- Assessment and ratings
- 2014 NQF Review and Regulation Impact Statement
- Productivity Inquiry into Childcare and Early Learning
- Reform of Federation - Issues for early childhood
- Workforce issues
- Universal Access to 15 hours of Preschool
CCC can also comment on any issue in education and care services (long day care centres, kindergarten and outside school hours care) including:
- Quality, cost and accessibility
- Local, state and Australian government policy in relation to children’s services
- Privatisation, corporatisation and business models
- Community building and social capital
- Community owned and managed services
- Affordability and funding issues for education and care services
- Planning, shortages and market failure
For expert comment on Victorian issues contact:
Dr Anne Kennedy
Chair, Community Child Care Association
Ph: 0410 166 324
Dr Anne Kennedy works as a consultant, writer and researcher in early childhood education. She was a member of the writing team responsible for the development of the first National Early Childhood Learning Framework (EYLF) in collaboration with the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) and the federal Department of Education, Employment and Work Place Relations (DEEWR).
Dr Kennedy has extensive experience in early childhood education and curriculum development as a kindergarten and primary school teacher and a child care director. She worked for many years as a university academic in early childhood teacher education programs in Melbourne, Singapore, Sweden and the United States.
Dr Kennedy has an extensive publication record in the field of early education and works currently as an early childhood consultant on a range of committees, reference groups and research projects in Victoria and nationally.