Our expert early childhood consultants can support your day care, kindergarten, OSHC or family day care service to happily grow – whether that’s creating a foolproof business plan, balancing your budget, blitzing your next assessment and rating, or something else.
How we can help
New and existing education and care services, we have you covered!
We provide practical advice and tools, informed by best practices in early childhood education, which will support you to reach your business goals and meet and exceed the National Quality Framework.
You can rest assured, knowing our professional and targeted solutions will be led by your own philosophy, and will satisfy all regulatory, legal and compliance requirements.
Our areas of specialisation include:
- Child care business planning
- Operational reviews
- Operational modelling
- Feasibility studies
- Budget review and development
- Service philosophy development
- Strategic planning Vision, mission, guiding principles and service philosophy Strategic objectives and implementation
- Vision, mission, guiding principles and service philosophy
- Strategic objectives and implementation
- Municipal early years planning
- Municipal middle years planning
- Policy review and customisation
- Setting up a new children’s service, including meeting your DET licence conditions
- Assessment and rating preparation visits
- Quality improvement uplift programs
People and culture
- Organisational workforce planning
- Multi-employer bargaining
- HR support
- IR support
- Recruitment support
- Succession planning
- Enhancing workplace culture
- Staff engagement surveys and analysis
Our team of early years consultants
Our trusted consultants live and breathe quality education and care and have specialist management, operational, governance and strategic skills.
Our expert team supports education and care services on a day-to-day basis, which means we have a strong grasp of:
- The issues providers, management and staff face every day
- How to navigate the maze of child care regulations in a highly competitive market
- The unique context, challenges and needs of each different service type – kindergarten, long day care, family day care, occasional care and outside school hours care
Why Community Child Care Association?
- We’re here to support you where you’re at with judgement-free, flexible and collaborative consulting
- As the Victorian peak for not-for-profit community-owned education and care services, and the Australian Government’s chosen provider of the Victorian Inclusion Agency, we have a high profile in the sector and a high level of credibility with directors, coordinators and educators
- We can come to you – whether you’re in metro Melbourne or regional Victoria – or we can work with you virtually
- CCC members get 20% off all consultancies. Become a member now.
Case study: Guiding a centre’s management from uncertain to strong and stable
Warrandyte Child Care Centre was struggling with high turnover. Next, their much-loved director of 35 years announced her retirement. So how did we help the centre establish a new order?
In 2020, our long-time member Warrandyte Child Care Centre reached out because they were experiencing a high turnover of volunteer parents on their committee of management.
We provided a tailored session and roundtable discussion on efficient management and planning for committees to figure out why committee members were leaving. In the process, we discovered some overarching issues with the centre’s operations that needed to be addressed. So, we supported staff to regroup, refine the service philosophy and begin the process of strategic planning to ensure the stability of the committee in the future.
The centre’s leadership team then attended a series of quality improvement plan and strategic planning sessions, which we tailored to the centre. We also helped the centre set up an employee assistance program through Access EAP to support staff wellbeing. As members, the centre was able to access this program at a discounted rate.
All the while, our expert consultants provided high-level management advice to both the centre committee and director through our helpline and Committee Member Support Facebook page.
Just when things were looking stable at the centre, April 2021 saw the director of 35 years announce her retirement, promising enormous change ahead. Staff and committee members were anxious about the centre’s next steps, uncertain who could possibly fill their much-loved director’s shoes.
Our team worked closely with the committee through intensive succession planning, which resulted in the successful recruitment of a new director. We then supported the new director to establish a fresh model of operating – a model which truly supports the committee in their duties as Approved Providers and empowers the director to make continuous improvements to the service with ease.
This large body of work has had positive impacts on every aspect of the centre. The committee of management is effective, the new director feels supported, and educators can seamlessly achieve goals and plan for higher quality programs for children in the Warrandyte community.
‘We are truly grateful for the work you have done with us! We now have a really clear model to work to, and a reference point for how we should be operating moving forward’ – Gaynor Stanicic, Chairperson, Warrandyte Child Care Centre
Let’s chat about your new project
Want to speak to somebody right away? Call our friendly team on (03) 9486 3455.