Question: How can I find educators to recruit?
There are a range of both free and paid ways to search for educators.
As a starting point, here are some free ways to find new recruits and some paid options also.
Free ways to find new recruits:
- Spread the word amongst friends, family and your service community that you’re looking to hire
- Create a job ad on social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn (remember to link to a clear position description)
- Post on a university, TAFE or community job board
- Put up posters outside your service, or at local shops, libraries and other community spaces
- Contact local government about advertising through their education and care networks
- Advertise of the Victorian Government Early Childhood Jobs page
- Search on a relevant website like Workforce Australia
- Ask local schools if you can advertise in their newsletter
Paid ways to find new recruits:
- Use popular online job ad platforms such as SEEK and Ethical jobs
- Take out an ad in local newspapers and magazines.
Consultant, Community Child Care Association
Want to discover more ways to find and recruit educators? Contact Lucy for the full list!